Mortgage Loan Underwriter
Employment Type: Full Time
2231 E Camelback Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85016
- Require High School graduate or GED with 4-5 years mortgage experience. Prefer Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5+ yeas in mortgage. Must have DE Underwriter designation.
- Must understand the fundamentals of lending and loan processing for mortgage loans
- Able to adjust quickly to different work situations and remain composed under pressure and in stressful situations
- Must be trustworthy and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Professional appearance and attitude is essential
- Review and analyze loan applicants’ credit histories, financial statements, and other financial information to make quality decisions on loans
- Interpret and analyze complex tax returns and financial documents
- Must be detailed in loan approval rationale including income and asset calculations clearly noted
- Ability to review legal documentation, title reports, insurance policies, flood certificates
- Maintain knowledge of available loan products, program, and functionality and investor guidelines
- Utilize and Interpret output from DO, LP and GUS underwriting systems
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Plains Commerce Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s race, religion, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.